Human-Centered Design Toolkit
Human-Centered Design is a process used for decades to create new solutions for companies and organizations. This process has been specially-adapted for social enterprises that work with people in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. Human-Centered Design (HCD) will help you hear people's needs in new ways, create innovative solutions to meet these needs, and deliver solutions with financial sustainability in mind. Specifically, it is for practitioners who are looking for new innovations to bring to their customers; entering a new region; interested in adapting a technology to their region; trying to understand the needs of people better; interested in finding new methods for monitoring and evaluation.
This comprehensive toolkit is divided into several sections:
- the Introduction will give an overview of HCD and help you understand how it might be used alongside other methods;
- the Hear guide will help your design team prepare for fieldwork and understand how to collect stories that will serve as insight and inspiration;
- the Field Guide and Aspirations cards are a complement to the Hear guide; these are the tools your team will take with them in order to conduct research;
- the Create guide will help your team work together in a workshop format to translate what you heard from people into frameworks, opportunities, solutions, and prototypes;
- the Deliver guide will help catapult the top ideas you have created toward implementation.